Fen Phen Lawyer Cynthia K. Garrett is accepting new Fen Phen cases which meet her Initial Case Criteria.
Toll Free: (866) 584-0070
Telephone: (918) 584-0070
CYNTHIA K. GARRETT'S
INITIAL CASE CRITERIA:
If you or a loved one meet all of the Basic Criteria above and any of the conditions listed below, contact us today to discuss your particular case in detail.
Our criteria found here is broader than that required by the AHP Settlement Trust. It is meant to serve only as a starting point, a place to begin a conversation.
If we accept your case, we will compare the injuries documented in your medical records with the criteria set out in the AHP Settlement Trust Agreement.
1. Mitral or aortic heart valve repair or replacement surgery has been performed.
2. Mitral or aortic heart valve repair or replacement surgery is needed but cannot be performed due to other health risks.
3. Complications from mitral or aortic heart valve surgery including: infection of the surgical site, kidney failure with dialysis, quadriplegia or paraplegia due to spinal injury during valve surgery, or HIV or Hepatitis C acquired through blood transfusion during valve surgery.
4. A second surgery to the same valve, aortic or mitral, within eighteen months of the first.
5. Severe pulmonary hypertension.
6. Sudden Cardiac Death and/or Cardiac Arrest, where an EKG taken at the time includes the arrhythmias known as: ventricular fibrillation and pulseless ventricular tachycardia. These conditions are treated with immediate defibrillation (electrical shocks to the heart) without which the patient will die within minutes, and may die despite these efforts.
7. Bacterial endocarditis (infection in the heart) which caused a stroke, peripheral embolus, coma or death.
8. Ejection fraction below 40% six months or more after aortic or mitral valve surgery.
9. Ejection fraction below 35% for the mitral valve or 30% for the aortic valve, where valve surgery is needed but cannot be performed due to other health risks.
10. Blood clot originating in the heart that traveled elsewhere resulting in kidney damage, abdominal organ injury requiring surgery, or amputation of an arm, leg, hand or foot.
11. Have had, or need, a heart transplant.
12. Stroke caused by chronic aortic fibrillation, heart valve disease, or any of the above, with permanent disability.
13. Coma or vegetative state caused by chronic aortic fibrillation, heart valve disease, or any of the above.
14. Death caused by heart arrhythmia, heart valve disease, or from any of the above.
Accepting referrals from other attorneys.
If you think you may have a case, please remember, it can take months to get all the medical records needed to fully evaluate a case, and a period of time after that to put the claim together.
If you think you might have a case, contact us today. It would be a pity to have a viable claim and not act in time..